12/3/13- CLAVICLE p.2

Satisfied my geometric/industrial/céline jewellery craving:
Obviously inspired by Love Aesthetics: the tag said it was an 'Oschin 15mm brass socket' and it is a surprisingly comfy fit, also looks kind of cool on a necklace. The girl at the hardware gave me the weirdest look when I said I was looking for 'brassy/goldy plumbing bits.' #thestruggleisreal but worth it for about $2.50


from Creative Treasures in Wynnum which is a really cool 'everything' shop with vintage clothes, jewellery, books, records and new, handmade market type items. It reminds me of a snake's skeleton or fish scales or even barbed wire. I've never seen anything like it before and it sits really high like a choker. ($12)

Ok I know this is hardly a DIY post but this is how I tried to recreate the Céline style choker:
-bought gold wire necklace from bead shop ($4.50) and wooden bead ($0.60)
-didn't check to see if bead would actually fit on the wire (it didn't)
-drilled a slightly bigger hole in the bead
-sanded bead and painted black (and gave it a coat of clear nail polish, I don't know if this is essential but I was worried about it coming off my on my skin)
-combined the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and voila 

No comments:

Post a Comment