8/3/13- CLAVICLE

Lately I've started thinking about jewellery. I don't like most jewellery, especially the cheap stuff that all looks the same and and is often covered in rhinestones or neon. I like the idea of using jewellery as frame, after all an accessory is, 'a thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile or attractive.' I like jewellery that frames my body well and creates a sense of symmetry and balance- i.e. this:

I love how the shorter necklace sits perfectly at the dinty-inny-bit (what's it called?) between my collar bones and the longer necklace comes down right where my collarbones are visible and it makes me feel like it 'fits me'? (p.s. would now be a good time to plug my instagram?)

Here are some styles that I'm obsessed with that fit with my search for simple, modern and geometric jewellery:

I love the height of these chokers, that the ball/circle sits so perfectly on the neck (especially in the first picture).





For a long time I've been following Love Aesthetics, a very clean, simple and minimalist blog and I was inspired by Ivania's ability to combine select designer pieces, thrifted and vintage finds and her own homemade DIY projects. So I thought I'd give this DIY thing a go and try and re-create the minimalist jewellery look, on a budget. Stay tuned, in a few days I should have done some experimenting and have a DIY post up.



Images via style.comBrook&Lyn and Love Aesthetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment