17/07/13- Digital Decay



Using obsolete and deteriorated technology I explore the themes of mortality, decay and humanity’s ever increasing reliance on technology. My videos present sensory overloads which represent the state of modern society, constantly overloaded with imagery, information and products that instantly become out of date and irrelevant. 

My work is a response to the dystopia of today and tomorrow.


-Henry Driver

I think it would be interesting to curate an exhibition about how we express emotion through digital means but even now I think, what's next? What's post-digital when the future is closer and closer to now? Anything with a 'futuristic' aesthetic is retro or could quite possibly already be made today- what is post digital? post-future?

No comments:

Post a Comment