16/07/13- Street Style

It's been a while since I've been interested in street style. It was one of the first things that got me looking at blogs and feeling inspired but after a while became a bit depressing when the people being snapped were wearing the same designer pieces and looking like models using a street as their runway. Some of it looked contrived and like the socialites in front of the lens got up and decided to wear whatever they thought would catch a street photographer's eye. Part of the appeal of street style was that it was for everyone. It was democratic and showed stylish grandmas in vintage pearls next to 13 year-old girls in full lolita costumes and it showed a full spectrum of 'style' rather than fashion.

This post isn't really going anywhere but here's some street style that caught my eye recently for being very do-able and inspiring:

I need to knit myself a long dress with a split mmm
Love that fringed vest with all the floaty layers
blue/green plaid, brown shoes and fringed jacket yeeeeah
Love the longer length of the skirt with shoes and socks
Need to wear my coloured socks more!!!

Images via http://streetandstyle.tumblr.com/

1 comment:

  1. I've added you to my blog roll too because I simply cannot afford to miss another post :). Oh and you got me hooked on Street and Style. Thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete